Serve them as appetizers, have them for a snack, have them as a light lunch or dinner. Very easy to make.
VIDEO: You can find a link to a video on how I made this dish on the bottom of this page.
Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice (1) 8.5oz (or any leftover rice you have in the fridge)
Avocado (optional) (note: you can add a slice inside the roll, or mash it into the rice)
Snack Size Nori (Seaweed Paper) 1 pack
Cream Cheese 1/3 cup or more (enough to coat the rice)
Rice Vinegar 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 1/4 teaspoon
Salt a pinch
Toasted Sesame Seeds 1/2 teaspoon (optional) (note: this will give a yummy nutty flavor and add a little crunch)
Lets Get Started:
- Warm up the rice in the microwave.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Cream Cheese, Rice Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, and Sesame Seeds to the warm rice and mix it all together. (note: here you can mash the avocado into the rice if you don’t want to slice them and place them in with the smoked salmon) (note: if adding slice avocados then you will add them in later in step 4)
- Lay the seaweed paper down on a flat surface, scoop a little of the rice mixture and spread a thin layer evenly on top of the seaweed paper. (Spread it close to the edges but not all the way).
- Then place a small piece of smoked salmon on the side closest to you and a small slice of avocado (if you have any) (don’t add to much salmon or avocado because it will be difficult to roll and it will spill out).
- And gently roll it up to form a sushi roll. (If a little rice spills out from the sides you can gently push it back in with your fingers).
I hope you enjoy it!
Here is my YouTube video on how I made these Bite Size Smoked Salmon Sushi Rolls